Brunette Girl Cake, also known as Bolo Moça Morena, is a classic Brazilian dessert that has gained immense popularity due to its unique blend of chocolate and caramel flavors. This delicious cake is easy to make and uses simple ingredients that are readily available. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step recipe for making Brunette Girl Cake and some tips for achieving the perfect cake.
Ingredients: For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the caramel topping:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the caramel topping. In a saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and turns a caramel color.
- When the cake is done, remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the caramel topping over the top of the cake and spread it out evenly.
- Let the cake cool completely before serving.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately to ensure the cake turns out as intended.
- Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor.
- If you don’t have a cake pan, you can use a round baking dish or even a muffin tin to make individual cakes.
- If the cake starts to brown too quickly, cover it with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
- Be patient when making the caramel topping. It may take a while to thicken, but it’s important to stir constantly and not let it burn.
Conclusion: Brunette Girl Cake, or Bolo Moça Morena, is a classic Brazilian dessert that is both easy to make and delicious. This cake’s unique blend of chocolate and caramel flavors makes it a favorite among cake lovers worldwide. Follow the above recipe and tips for the perfect Brunette Girl Cake. Whether it’s a family gathering, a special occasion, or a simple afternoon snack, Brunette Girl Cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Don’t forget to Rate our Recipe below and share the recipe with friends and family! And if you happen to want to know which are the best credit cards to buy recipes, see here.